Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

When kids take over your house...buy more storage!

Our house is not large at all, and we've always had storage issues, even before two boys were brought into the mix. So what's a neat freak, organized-crazed momma to do? Buy more storage!

I saw this really cute cabinet in Target's ad last week and knew it was just what I had been looking for. Plus it was red...bonus! I ordered it online (free shipping!) and Mr. D put it together last night. I wanted a new table for a few reasons:

  1. I hate matching furniture and the table we had before was too predictable.
  2. The wall the old table was on is huge! The table was just too little, so I had scale issue on my hands.
  3. More storage, of course!

Here's what it looked like before: 


Cute table, nothing wrong with it, just a little too small.

Here's the new cabinet: 


Even though this cabinet came in a box from Target, the quality is much better than I was expecting. And I love the red!

Here's another thing I love about sharing my home with two sweet boys: I get to find unique places for all of their toys. Your home can be stylish and full of toys at the same time. So what's in the new cabinet, you ask? Games!


Pierce and Cooper are my life! I love having some of their things in the living room because I think they need to be part of making our house a home. That's also why the storage ottoman (shown above) is filled with toys, and my favorite clock / bookshelf has two shelves just for Cooper's books. 




Having limited storage and lots of toys doesn't have to make your home a cluttered mess. Find unique ways to hide all the toys, or even display some. This is what makes our house one big Devine home! Plus, it gives you an excuse to buy cute furniture every now and then!



No comments:

Post a Comment