Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Kitchen Home Improvement Goals for 2013

While there are several (hundred) improvements I'd like to make to our home this year, I've taken a step back and decided to focus instead (and not freak out my husband) on a few that I think will make the biggest impact. Here's what I'd like to accomplish in the kitchen:


1. Backsplash. Genevieve Gorder has called this the "secret sauce" to any kitchen and I have to agree. Our kitchen, as it stands now, is seriously missing this important ingredient. Subway tile has always been one of my favorite choices because of its simplicity and clean lines.
image courtesy: about.com

2. Kitchen faucet and sink. Our builder-grade sink and faucet are just lame. This is something that I've been wanting to change for a long, long time! 

3. Dining chairs. I have my eye on these two selections from Pier1. Ours are currently 7 years old and have worn extensive abuse from my two boys! I love the first one, but it's quite a bit more so I'm watching for it to go on sale. I also think red is the color to go for this time since my walls are now mustard. Love that contrast. 


I also think that color will complement my curtains nicely. (Also a Pier1 find.)



4. Hardware. New knobs for the cabinets are the lowest priority for the kitchen, but since I've gotten rid of the silver/pewter light fixture and door knobs, and recently replaced the pantry hardware to match, I'm thinking the cabinet doors would naturally be next. 

Stay tuned and see what my ideas for the bathrooms are!




No comments:

Post a Comment