Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Some of My Favorite Online Shops

I absolutely love shopping online! At least half of all my Christmas purchases were made online last Christmas, and there are a few reasons why I prefer this method of shopping.

  1. You get better deals. This is especially true if you sign up for emails from your favorite stores. You'll be the first to know when a sale is going on and most stores will even email occasional coupons. Your inbox can definitely become cluttered but for me, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take! Most stores also have great shipping deals these days, so shipping charges aren't usually an issue like they used to be.
  2. You get a wider selection of unique items. This sort of goes along with number 3, but you can literally find anything you need online that you're not likely to find at Target or Pier1. Unique, antique items are everywhere! 
  3. I get to shop at cool places that aren't around me. For me, this is the coolest thing about online shopping. Some of my absolute favorite stores are ones that I've never been to in person. But I kinda like that; it means I'll have something in my home that no one else around me will. 
  4. I'm too darn busy to go shopping all the time! Two boys, full time job. On the weekends I spend time with my family. When I do actually go shopping, it's usually a trip to Target!
Here are a few of my favorite places to shop online:
  • West Elm. This modern home furnishings stores has everything from furniture, to accents, to seasonal decor. I love it because of its unique selection of rugs (I was thisclose to buying this chevron one for the living room). I've also been kicking myself for not buying this pendant for the kitchen. Being the online shopper that I am, why oh why did I just go to Lowe's and pick one out? Bad decision. I did buy a few Christmas gifts from West Elm this year. The quality and style this store offers is a reason I keep going back.
  • Crate&Barrel. What is not to love about Crate&Barrel? I've bought countless items from here and again, the quality always wins out. Because of my fondness of bold colors, this store is definitely one of my all time favorites. Most items are timeless and have such crisp, clean lines. Love everything this store has to offer, and it's probably a good thing there's not one in Louisville!
  • CB2. This store is ultra modern. Some items, I have to admit, are even a little too bold for me! However, I have purchased several things from CB2 and I've loved them all. It's affiliated with Crate&Barrel but again, the difference is that CB2 takes modern contemporary to the next level. My favorite design team, The Novogratz, have their own line with CB2, which I think is pretty cool. One thing I do love about CB2 is its selection of funky pillows. I would totally put this one on my couch, wouldn't you?!!
  • These are stores I've never purchased from before, so I can't attest to their quality and service, but I do browse their sites often and they do have some cool pieces: C. Wonder, Chiasso, Z Gallerie (We actually do have a Z Gallerie in Louisville, but I've never actually bought anything there. Super cool store, though.)
These are a few of my favorites! If you have a favorite that I missed, let me know. I love discovering new stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment